Did you know that you can receive your Upwork money directly to your MPesa account? In this article, I will show you a step-by-step guide on linking your Upwork account with your MPesa account.
How to Withdraw Money from Upwork to Mpesa Directly.
- Log in to your Upwork account. Once you’re logged in, click on your Profile Picture [Located in the top right corner], then select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears
2. When you click on settings, you will be required to confirm that you’re the account holder by providing the answer to the security question you set with Upwork. After Entering your Security Answer, Click on Authorize
3. What you’ll do next is click on, Get paid. On the Get paid page, there is a section for payment details. Click on add method.
All the payment methods that you can add will be shown. Choose Mpesa by Clicking on Set-Up
4. Fill in the form that will appear to finish setting Up your Mpesa Payment method.
You’ll be required to fill in the below details
- First name and last name
- The ID type you want to use, whether it’s the national ID, driver’s license, or your passport.
- Enter the ID number depending on what identity document you’ve chosen here,
- Enter a working MPesa number
Once you have populated this form with the necessary details, click on add MPesa account.
You will be redirected to the get paid page, where you will get this notification, “Your MPesa has been added. MPesa ending in the XXXXX number will become active in three days.”
If you scroll down to payment details under payment methods, you’ll see that MPesa has been added, and it will be active on a specific date. That is three days after you set up your MPesa payment method.
N/B: It will take 3 days for Mpesa withdrawal method to be active after setting it up.
How long does it take for the money withdrawn from Upwork to reflect in Mpesa?
In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. If it has taken longer than expected, you will have to contact Safaricom.